Engine and Machinery Alarm Monitoring
Monitor System’s Machinery Alarm Monitoring System provides a visual and audible management tool covering the operating status of motors, pumps, fans, generators and other electro-mechanical utilities.
Measuring key functions such as speed, temperature, oil pressure, vibration, exhaust gas, water coolant, bearing temperatures etc across the full range of rig machinery equipment. Management data is transmitted to touch screen panels in both the control room and the mechanical or electrical workshop (or other specified location). Audio-visual alarms indicating problems or malfunctions are not only shown on the control panel(s), but also by a series of klaxon alarms placed in operational deck areas.
The system is designed to ensure alarms are acknowledged and action is taken immediately to save downtime and high replacement or repair costs. Based on a PLC with HMI graphics depicting all connected equipment, Monitor System’s Engine and Machinery Alarm Monitoring process can be tailored to suit varying individual applications and has considerable capacity for expansion to handle additional plant and equipment.
High Performance Reliability
- System based around proven PLC hardware
- High availability can be offered as an option
- All alarm sequences meet latest international standards
- Capacity for expansion to handle additional plant and equipment
- Excellent off-the- shelf availability of spares and components
Reporting Critical Data
- Provides a visual and audible management tool covering the operating status of motors, pumps, fans, generators and other electro-mechanical utilities
- Measures key functions - speed, temperature, oil pressure, vibration, exhaust gas etc
- Displays show running, stopped or alarm status on two 15” colour touch screen HMIs – one mounted in the control room and the other in the engine alarm panel in the engine room
Visible / Audible Alarms
- Audio alarms show and sound in HMI Alarm Stations as well as in external locations
- Digital alarms are routed directly into interface input cards
- Software alarm grouping allows klaxons to sound in different work areas
- System protected by UPS allowing Alarms are still activated if mains or battery power fails
- Alarm sequencing and management fully configurable with client requirements